A minimum total of 15 Development Sociology credit hours are required.
(Please note that Development Sociology majors are NOT eligible for this minor.)
1. Required courses (3):
- DSOC 1101 - Introduction to Sociology (SOC 1101 may be substituted for DSOC 1101.)
- DSOC 2050 - International Development
- DSOC 3130 - Social Indicators & Introduction to Social Science Research
2. Choose two (2) of the following courses
- DSOC 2010 - Population Dynamics
- DSOC 2020 - Perspectives on International Agriculture and Rural Development
- DSOC 2030 - Global Garbage
- DSOC 2710 - Social & Political Context of American Education
- DSOC 3010 - Theories of Society and Development
- DSOC 3050 - Education, Inequality, and Development
- DSOC 3200 - Rethinking Development
- DSOC 3230 - Gender and Social Change
- DSOC 3240 - Environment and Society
- DSOC 3400 - Agriculture, Food, Sustainability and Social Science
- DSOC 3700 - Comparative Social Inequalities
- DSOC 4100 - Health and Survival Inequalities
Courses must be taken for a letter grade. Only courses for which a "C-" or better is received will count towards the minor.
How to Enroll
Please complete and submit the Development Sociology Minor Application. Submitted applications are sent directly to the Undergraduate Program Coordinator who will confirm receipt within 7 days. Questions? Contact email@example.com.