To satisfy the requirements for the Community Food Systems (CFS) Minor, students must complete a total of 5 courses, 3 credits each, for a minimum requirement of 15 credits, AND a community-based practicum:
- Introductory Course
- DSOC 3400: Agriculture, Food, Sustainability and Social Justice (offered annually in the fall)
- Three Elective Courses, at least one from each category – Ethical/Epistemic, Ecological, Agricultural
- Capstone Course
- DSOC 4400: Community Food Systems Capstone Course
PLEASE NOTE: Special topic courses or seminar courses cannot be counted toward the credit requirement without prior written approval of the program advisor. Students must take all courses for a letter grade and achieve a final grade of “C” or better.
- Practicum Overview
- Eligibility: To be eligible to apply to participate in a community-based practicum students must be at least a sophomore and have completed the CFS Minor Introductory Course, DSoc 3400:Agriculture, Food, and Society.
- 2017-2018 Timeline (subject to change):
- October - December: Practicum opportunities posted on CFS Website
- December 31: Applications due
- January 31, 2018: Practicum placements announced
- March 5 - May 7: Required practicum orientation course
- June 4 - August 10: Practicum takes place