Want to earn a B.S. degree with honors?
Participate in the Undergraduate Honors Research Program!
What is the Undergraduate Honors Research Program?
The program is administered through the College's Social Sciences Research Honors Program and provides an opportunity for students to earn “distinction in research” honors.
The deadline is the sixth week of the first semester of senior year.
The deadline is mid-to-late September. See link above for specific details.
- May be earned for the honors program by enrolling in DSOC 4990, Independent Honors Research in Social Science during the fall and/or spring semesters of their senior year.
- A maximum of 6 credits may be earned in DSOC 4990
Previous Honors Theses Titles
- 2016 - Promoting reconciliation in post-civil war Sri Lanka: A case study of religiously inspired NGOs
- 2016 - The troubles with Northern Irish policy: An unaddressed legacy of British colonialism on modern sectarian hate crimes, discrimination and inequalities
- 2015 - Beauty in a globalized world: uncovering the fait skin beauty standard in Indonesia
- 2015 - Anticipating the future of African fertility transitions: an examination of changing youth fertility patterns in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 2015 - Barriers to birth control: understanding contraceptive knowledge, attitudes, and practice
- 2015 - Exploring the misalignment between scientific knowledge and public perception of the food system: A case study of Cornell University students, Department of Horticulture
- 2015 - In pursuit of happiness: trends and correlates of self-reported happiness among US young adults (1972-2012)
- 2014 - Models of Foreign Aid Allocation and Impact on Effectiveness: A Comparison of USAID Projects in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- 2014 - Rethinking Development: An Analysis of the Factors Underlying Millennium Development Goal Progress in sub-Saharan Africa
- 2014 - Insurance Coverage and Disease-Specific Health Outcomes
Nadia Stella Isa Kalley
- 2014 - Formative Ideologies and Determinants of Change: Challenges to the Social and Political Paradigms of the Israeli State
- 2014 - Election Cycle Effect on the Voting Behaviors of Tompkins County Legislators: A Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis
- 2014 - Bridging the Digital Divide: Access and Use of Internet and Mobile Technology for Health Information among Hopi Indians
- 2013 - The Illegal Trade in Organs
- 2013 - International Constraints on Development in Haiti: The Prospects of Agriculture and food Security
- 2013 - Custodial Grandparenting
- 2013 - The Role of Telehealth to Meet the Needs of Migrant Populations in Rural Areas
- 2013 - Sanitation, Sexual Health Perceptions and Female School Enrollment in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Agrarian Change and Social Transformation in Mozambique
- Roma Education in Hungary
- Environmental Attitudes and Behaviors in Kindergarten and First Graders
- Urban Seeds: Corporate Agricultural Inputs and New York City's Community Gardens
- A Study of the Eleanor Roosevelt Loan Fund
- Third-Party Dynamics in World Trade Organization DisputeSettlement: A Comparison of Developed and Developing Countries
Paul G. Bakken