The program is administered through the College's Social Sciences Research Honors Program and provides an opportunity for students to earn “distinction in research” honors.
Application Requirements and Procedures - CALS
The deadline is the sixth week of the first semester of senior year.For further details on requirements and procedures, click here.
Application Requirements and Procedures - Social Sciences
The deadline is mid-to-late September - for further details on requirements and procedures, click here.
- May be earned for the honors program by enrolling in DSOC 4990, Independent Honors Research in Social Science during the fall and/or spring semesters of their senior year.
- A maximum of 6 credits may be earned in DSOC 4990
Previous Honors Theses Titles
- 2016 - Promoting reconciliation in post-civil war Sri Lanka: A case study of religiously inspired NGOs
- 2016 - The troubles with Northern Irish policy: An unaddressed legacy of British colonialism on modern sectarian hate crimes, discrimination and inequalities
- 2015 - Beauty in a globalized world: uncovering the fait skin beauty standard in Indonesia
- 2015 - Anticipating the future of African fertility transitions: an examination of changing youth fertility patterns in Sub-Saharan Africa
- 2015 - Barriers to birth control: understanding contraceptive knowledge, attitudes, and practice
- 2015 - Exploring the misalignment between scientific knowledge and public perception of the food system: A case study of Cornell University students, Department of Horticulture
- 2015 - In pursuit of happiness: trends and correlates of self-reported happiness among US young adults (1972-2012)